Oct 12, 2006

Want to share two incidents - both related to BMTC bus drivers and conductors.
First one was yesterday evening, when I was returning home from work. It wasn't such a overcrowded bus but people were standing on the footboard and the driver couldn't close the door. The driver devised a clever plan to get all people inside and close the door. He stopped the bus and told all to get in. Few obliged. Instead of picking a fight, the driver started the bus and drove so slowly that you could get down and walk and still overtake the bus. This did the trick and slowly people squeezed in. Simple and effective idea. But the end was an anti-climax. The driver over did it and continued his tantrum even after he had closed the door. This irrked the people. What happened I don't know...my stop came and I got off.
The second one was today morning - this is just some statements that the conductor said. They were pretty funny. Or rather they sound funny in kannada. A school kid, carrying her school bag on her back got in. The counductor asked her to put the bag down. Then he went on to say - "Put the heavy bag down, else all the breakfast you have eatten will be used in carrying the bag. Then in school you will not be able to learn anything that your teacher teaches"

Hmm...haven't been doing anything in office these days. Surajit(my teammate) is working hard on the histogram and other stuff. I thought I'll do the process identification - pretty boring work. And to top it all I'm leaving for Karwar tomorrow. And the icing is Venkat(my PM) isn't around. Well...guess work will get done only next week.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know that I was a bad PM, given lot of work to Surajit & none to you :). Convey my apologies to Surajit :)

    ReplyDelete