Jul 10, 2009

Arati's Surprises!!!!!

A couple of days ago Arati called me. She sounded very excited (she usually is). After the initial how-are-yous, she said she wanted to tell me something (even more excited!). I told her to continue. Then she dropped her standard statement - "Sangu ka noko" (Should I tell or not). I knew she had some stupid surprise up her sleeve. "I have a surprise for you. I have got you a birthday present!!", she continued. I thanked her and asked her what she got. "I wanted it to be a surprise but I got you a watch", she blurted out.

There she goes...again. Every time my sister plans a surprise or buys a gift for me, she has to blurt it (basically goof up) before the occasion. Till date she has never surprised me.

A couple of years ago, she planned a surprise birthday party with Arvindh for me. She took the pains of calling all my friends, ordering a cake, hiding in Aparna's place till 11.30pm, etc...but finally goofed it all up. Most things went according to her plan - Arvindh convinced me to sleep early and ensured that I was in bed by 11pm. Sometime later I heard a mobile ring. I thought it was 12 pm and Arati was calling to wish me (she always does that). As I woke up, I realized it wasn't my mobile, the ring tone was none other than - Arati's!! I came out of my bedroom to see her, Arvindh and Aparna arranging the cake!!!! One of my friends was calling to ask if it was time to come in!! It was 5 minutes to midnight and there went her surprise party!!

I guess my biggest surprise will be when she can actually pull off a surprise on me!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment