Oct 20, 2008

My moment of 'Enlightenment'

This happened to me a couple of years ago. I've been wanting to write about this for quite sometime, but just didn't do it...anyway better late then never...

It was a nice and quite evening. Perfect time for meditation. I went to my room, closed the door, took the softest pillow for back rest, put my mobile on silent mode, switched off the lights....the usual stuff and sat for my meditation. Somewhere inbetween, I was seeing some flashes of light. It was little strange. After a moment it struck to me that maybe this is the light that people keep talking about. The light of Enlightenment. I was a thrilled....Ah there is the light. It stopped after a while. After that my meditation was disturbed. My mind kept going back to the light and a statement that Bawa had made "All the light seeing (in meditation) is bakwas" (Well...something like that..don't remember the exact words). Well.....when I got up I saw 1 Missed Call on my mobile.


Dissection of the incident: I had kept right next to me and the light I saw was nothing but the missed call I had got.

No comments:

Post a Comment