Jan 1, 2007

2006 - The year gone by...

Another year has passed leaving behind some good and bad memories. The good news is that there are more memories to cherish than regret.

At the personal front, I finally got a steady job that paid me my worth - not some internship where I slogged for meagre pay. I also finished and submitted my project work for masters degree - something that I should have done last year. Financially, I had more money this year than I had in my entire career. So, I have been tempted to spend lavishly - the temptation to which I have scummed many times. Yet, I can say that I have a decent saving in bank by the year end.

This year AOL celebrated 25years. What a lavish celebration!! I was as usual with RDP for setting of stalls during the event. I thoroughly enjoyed each and every moment - the pre-planning for the stalls, the n number of mails exchanged to decide on a matter, the chupke-se taking printout in office, the fights and disagreements, the collecting volunteers for the stalls, the setting up of the stalls, the stall allocation and strategic planning for the same, the sales - over all everything. Guruji celebrated his 50th birthday this year.

This was also the year of babies - many of my friends and acquaintances had babies. Foremost among them is Priya and Sweta. Then there was also Esha, Aishwarya and many more.

The saddest moment was when Ie passed away. Its a loss that can't be explained. To see Pappa cry, to see him look at Ie's photo with pain in his eyes is something without words.

I also lost 2 mobiles this year. Finally have decided to survive on second-hand mobiles. At least won't feel too bad when I lose them.

A new year dawns, and time for some resoultions. Joint first on the list has to be to get the driving license and proper exercise. Others come in a random order later.

No comments:

Post a Comment