Apr 11, 2007

My new Honda Dio

For the past few weeks I have been having a lot of issues when travelling by bus. So, we decided to buy a 2-wheeler. I looked at some models - Kinetic Nova, Bajaj Kristal, Honda Activa, etc. Arvindh was adamant on buying a Honda Activa. After some research, I was convinced we should buy a Honda Activa. The only problem was the 40-day wait period for the vehicle.

My father-in-law gave us another option - Honda Dio. It has the same engine as the Activa. The difference is in the styling and the Dio has a fibre body as against metal of Activa. And it was available off the shelf. On Wednesday I was convinced we'll go for Dio. On Thursday I wanted a Activa. On Friday morning, I went for a test drive of both the vehicles. I found the Activa a little bit more comfortable than Dio. My resolve for Activa deepened. My father and father-in-law were still for Dio. My FIL said that Activa looked like a scooter ("Something that your father has driven for 15 years") and Dio was stylish, something that I should drive at my age. Hmm...good point. My resolve was slightly shaken.

In the evening, Arvindh also took the test drive. He too felt the same. After some discussion, we decided we'll go for the Dio. The prospect of having a bike the next day was too tempting. Moreover, my FIL's words had affected me. So, by Saturday evening I had a black Honda Dio with me.











More details on Honda's site

1 comment:

  1. you missed the kinetic blaze, the best scooter around with italian design, 5 awards and powerful engine. oh well.

    ReplyDelete