Dec 20, 2006

My Grandmother

My grandmother passed away yesterday. Its a great loss for all of us.

The void she has left behind is immense. She was a bhandar of knowledge and stories. I remember how me and Arati would ask her to tell stories about our dad's childhood, and how we used to feel good when she told us how dad was beaten for his antics during his childhood. She would tell stories about her childhood in Maasur - how she would make tamarind balls, how she would steal mangoes - the memories are too many.

She was the head of the family and we would turn to her for most of the issues. She was an absolutely amazing cook. I just loved her cooking. We would eagarly look forward to go to her house - mainly for the food. Her rasam was the world's best. Even my mom can't make rasam like her. (This is something because my mom's rasam is out of the world.) Whenever we went, I would call her up and tell her to make extra rasam for me. And I would drink the rasam like water.

We are going to miss her, but life goes on. May her soul rest in peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment