Dec 6, 2006

Wake up!!! Majority vote bank wake up!!!

There were two incidents that made me write this post:

1. My colleague, Surajit is from Assam and he was telling me about the politics in Assam. He was saying that there are a lot of Bangladeshi immigrants and form a vote bank for the Congress led govt. So to keep them in Assam, the govt had made the Foreigners (Tribunals for Assam) Order, 2006, which puts the onus of proving if someone is an illegal foreigner on the complainant rather than the accused. Its the opposite for the rest of the nation. This order was today squashed by the Supreme court. For more details see this article

2. I was as usual googling for Sri Sri Ravi Shankar (My usual routine to update myself about Gurudev's where-abouts) and I found this blog Vichaarah. It has a small post about the Argentina incident of Gurudev's. What got me interested in the blog was the post about violence in Maharashtra. Again, for the vote bank, the politicians/govt refuses to condemn it.

Minority vote bank!!!When will the majority vote bank wake up???

2 comments:

  1. Hello there,

    You can use Google Alerts with the phrase "sri sri ravi shankar"
    http://www.google.com/alerts

    This is how I found your blog. (I just got an email from Google Alerts with a link to this page)

    Jai Guru Dev,
    Odd Magne
    Norway

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Magne. But there is a issue with that. I cann't get google alerts on my office id and I cann't access personal id from work. So google always :-)

    Jai Gurudev

    ReplyDelete