Dec 4, 2006

The pink bundle of joy...for Sweta

Sweta gave birth to a baby girl on December 1st, 5pm. Nithan informed Nrutya and assumed that she'll inform all of us. But Nrutya too assumed that Nithan will inform the rest of us. So finally none of us except Nrutya knew.

On Saturday, I was leaving a note in Sumana's scrapbook, and I read this message from Nrutya about the good news. Called her immediately and as usual couldn't get thru. Finally got her in the evening, she was driving and didn't speak much but confirmed the news. I decided to call Sweta on Sunday.

Finally Sunday morning, Sweta only calls me up. Guess she was wondering why none of us called. I told her I'll see her in the evening. Called Aparna and Sowmya - both of them also didn't know about the news. NRUTYA!!!!!

Anyway, I and Aparna met her yesterday. It’s something amazing to see a new born baby. She (the baby) is really cute baby and very expressive too. She is totally pink and becomes a deeper shade when she cries. She has beautiful eyes and lots of hair. She has also learnt a few tactics to trouble Sweta...she insists on being carried all the time she is awake. The moment you put her down, she starts crying.

Sweta is fine and recovering...she'll be discharged mostly by today evening. She has promised to send us snaps of the baby in a couple of days.

There were a few things that surprised me...the baby was wearing new clothes and also a diaper. I remember Chetna aunty telling me that new borns don't wear new clothes till some n days. She had also said that diapers hurts the skin of new borns so they use cotton cloth. When I discussed this with my MIL, she said that now-a-days moms and docs insist on new clothes and diapers for the baby. Hmmm...interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment